Garlic Chicken is one of the best and most delicious recipes with pantry ingredients. If you have a lot of garlic, frozen chicken, chicken broth, plain yogurt (or whipping cream), white wine, etc., you should be making this utterly amazing recipe for dinner!
Combine the ingredients together and you will have the most amazing and absolutely scrumptious creamy garlic chicken.
The recipe is inspired by this rustic chicken with garlic gravy recipe, but I used yogurt to make the creamy sauce.
If you don’t have plain yogurt at home, you can certainly use whipping cream.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Piccata
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
Bone-in or Boneless Chicken Thighs?
For the chicken, I used skin-on and bone-in chicken thighs, but I deboned the thighs.
This will ensure that you get the best of the chicken thighs: moist, tender, crispy on the bottom but not dry, with skin and without bones.
Learn how to debone chicken thighs with my picture guide and video.
This is a One Pan Chicken Recipe
This is a super easy one skillet chicken recipe. I love using my cast-iron skillet but you can use any pans (stainless steel or non-stick).
I finished the creamy garlic chicken off with 1 minute of broiling in the oven to give the chicken skin little chars, which is an optional step.
This creamy garlic chicken is delightful with some pasta, and they are done in about 20 minutes and you have only one pan to clean. Bon appetit!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 420 calories per serving.
Serve Creamy Garlic Chicken with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 20 oz chicken thighs, skin-on and deboned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15-20 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 sprigs thyme, (optional)
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- chopped parsley
- Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron skillet preferred) on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pan-fry the chicken until both surfaces become crispy or nicely browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Discard the chicken fat from the skillet. Add the remaining olive oil and saute the garlic until light brown. Add the chicken back into the skillet, follow by the chicken broth, white wine and yogurt. Lower the heat and let simmer. Add the thymes (if using), salt, pepper and paprika. Reduce the sauce a little bit. Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
You may finish the dish by broiling it in oven for about 1 minute, to char and crisp up the chicken skin.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 420Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 141mgSodium 128mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 25g