It’s also one of my son’s favorite dishes. He loves the creamy garlic chicken with Parmesan garlic noodles.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This creamy lemon garlic chicken is quickly becoming his new favorite because it’s even better and more delicious.
The perfect balance of the different flavors: lemon, garlic, chicken broth, white wine and whipping cream make it an utterly mouthwatering dish that goes well with pasta, rice, or noodles. It’s no wonder little G always asks me for the dish.
For the chicken, you can use chicken breasts (boneless and skinless for healthier result) or chicken thighs. You know me, little G loves chicken skin but dislikes chicken breasts.
So I always buy skin-on and bone-in chicken thighs, but I debone the chicken thighs at home (learn and watch the video on how to debone chicken thighs). It’s just easier for little G to eat. Removing the bones also allow me to pan-fry the meat part of the chicken thighs to golden brown and crispy perfection.
All these small things really make a huge difference to the end result of this recipe.
For flavorings, I like to mix Asian ingredients with western cooking. I used Japanese cooking sake and mirin to flavor the creamy lemon garlic sauce.
However, if you don’t have them, it’s totally fine. You can use white wine and sugar to balance the flavors. If you can’t consume alcohol, skip entirely and it will be equally flavorful.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 612 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lbs. (0.6 kg) chicken thighs, deboned but skin-on
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 small lemon, cut into slices
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or Japanese cooking sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin, (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian parsley leaves
- Debone the chicken thighs but keep the skin on. Click here to see the video on how to debone chicken thighs. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper, on the both surfaces.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron skillet preferred) on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pan-fry the chicken until both surfaces become crispy or nicely browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil and saute the garlic until slightly browned, follow by the chicken broth, whipping cream, lemon slices, cayenne pepper, white wine, mirin (if using), salt and sugar. Lower the heat and let simmer. Add the chicken back into the skillet. Reduce the sauce a little bit more. Add parsley, stir well, remove from heat and serve immediately.
You can use chicken breasts or bone-in chicken thighs.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 612Total Fat 55gSaturated Fat 16gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 249mgSodium 584mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 38g