Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Garlic chicken with mushroom in a creamy sauce. This Instant Pot dinner recipe is so easy, fuss-free and perfect for dinner tonight.
The creamy sauce is so delicious with rice or pasta, or you can just serve the chicken on its own, with a side dish such as roasted potatoes.
I absolutely loved the flavors; the chicken thighs were so tender and soft. The Cremini mushrooms (you can use white mushrooms) adds a nice earthy note to this recipe.
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken – Everyone’s Favorite. Must Try!
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken – Juicy and Tender Chicken Dinner.
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken – Better than Indian Buffet.
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Kalua Pork – Transports you to Hawaii.
- Instant Pot Creamy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup – Better than Thai Restaurants!
How to Make Creamy Garlic Sauce
This is one of the most basic sauces. Saute the garlic with olive oil and add chicken stock, whipping cream, salt and lemon juice. I chose whipping cream instead of heavy whipping cream so the sauce is not too rich and lower in calorie.
I also love my sauce with a bit of heat so I always add a few dashes of cayenne pepper.
Instant Pot vs. Slow Cooker
I used Instant Pot to make this recipe. First I sauteed the chicken in the pot and then I cook it on high pressure for 10 minutes.
You can make this recipe in a slow cooker if you don’t have an Instant Pot. Saute the chicken on a skillet on stove top, then transfer everything to the slow cooker and cook on high heat for 3 hours.
Side Dish Ideas
I love serving this creamy garlic mushroom chicken with rice or plain spaghetti/pasta.
Just ladle the chicken, mushroom and the creamy sauce over and you will have a perfect and delicious meal for the entire family.
You can also serve the chicken with any side dishes you desire. This recipe is tried and tested and even the pickiest eaters would approve.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with a simple pasta or rice dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 424 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms Chicken Recipe
"Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken made in Instant Pot. Easy delicious recipe for entire family.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz Cremini or white mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1Wash and rinse the chicken thighs with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Trim off the excess skin and fat with a pair of kitchen scissors. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is fully heated (to make sure the chicken doesn’t stick to the pot), add 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil. Pan sear the chicken thighs (skin side down first) until both sides turn nicely brown. (You may pan-fry the chicken on a regular skillet or non-stick skillet.) Discard the chicken fat from the instant pot by spooning it out.
- 3Add the remaining olive oil and saute the garlic a little bit. Add the mushrooms, chicken broth, whipping cream, salt and cayenne pepper. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 10 minutes. When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully, add the lemon juice and chopped parsley, stir to mix well. Turn to Saute mode for a few minutes to reduce the sauce. Add more salt and lemon juice to suit your taste. Serve immediately with some plain spaghetti.
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot. You may use chicken breasts. If you use frozen chicken, increase the pressure cooking time by 50%, or a total of 15 minutes. The whipping cream didn't curdle. You can certainly add the whipping cream after pressure cooking, when you add the lemon juice and chopped parsley. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this Creamy Garlic Mushroom on a stove top. Just pan-fry the chicken on a skillet and following the same method above. Simmer on low heat until the chicken thighs are cooked through.