Honey Mustard Chicken is probably one of the most popular chicken dinner recipes.
The combination of honey and dijon mustard works great on chicken, especially with juicy and tender chicken thighs.
In this recipe, I will teach you how to make this chicken in an Instant Pot.
I have been using my Instant Pot a lot, especially on those busy weeknights when I don’t have much time in the kitchen.
I love that this Honey Mustard Chicken recipe is so easy; it calls for 5 key ingredients, with an active time of 10 minutes. I used soy sauce to enhance the flavor and it turned out absolutely delicious!
Serve the chicken with either steamed rice or plain spaghetti; ladle the sauce over the rice or mix it with the spaghetti, it’s very good. Heating up is extremely easy with the Instant Pot saute function.
Try this recipe tonight and I am sure you and your family will love the chicken so much that you are going to keep making this dish. This recipe is a keeper for sure!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 447 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs (0.6kg-1kg) chicken thighs, 5 chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parley
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and ground black pepper.
- Mix the honey, dijon mustard, soy sauce and chicken broth together. Stir to combine well.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set the mode to Saute. Add the olive oil when it's fully heated so the chicken won't stick to the pot. Pan-sear both sides of the chicken thighs, skin side down first, until the skin is a nice golden brown and the bottom part is nicely browned.
- Add the garlic into the pot, follow by the honey mustard mixture. Cover the lid and select Manual and set to High pressure for 10 minutes. When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully, add the chopped parsley. Change to saute mode and reduce the sauce for 1 to 2 minutes, if you like a thicker sauce. Serve with plain spaghetti or steamed rice.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this Honey Mustard Chicken in a slow cooker, or on your stove top. If you use a slow cooker, make sure not to overcook it. Use high heat and cook for 3 hours. For stove top, just pan-fry the chicken and then add in the Sauce. Simmer on low heat and cook until the chicken meat is tender.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 447Total Fat 68gSaturated Fat 18gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 389mgSodium 695mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 66g