I know I can’t do without chicken. In fact, my entire protein intake is mostly chicken and seafood and I love it.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This recipe is inspired by Rock Recipes. I wanted to use up the Dijon mustard and also heads of garlic that were sprouting in my pantry.
Sometimes when you are hungry or just want a super quick meal, skillet cooking is the best way to have healthy homemade meals in a jiffy.
I am usually not a big fan of mustard as it might be overpowering. In this honey dijon garlic chicken recipe, I made sure that I used a moderate amount.
The key is to have the perfect balance of sweetness (from the honey) and the slight heat and nuance from the mustard. Lots of garlic is always a plus for most dishes and there is no exception in this garlicky, aromatic, moist, and absolutely delicious chicken dish.
For the chicken, you can use chicken breasts or thighs. I had a ton of Costco chicken thighs in my fridge so I opted for thighs. Similar to the creamy garlic chicken, Vietnamese caramel chicken, chili lime chicken and Chipotle lime chicken, I deboned the chicken thighs so my 4-year old could easily eat them.
Trust me, it’s the best way to eat chicken thighs, deboned and skin-on. This recipe is an absolute must-try, enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 428 calories per serving.
Serve Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb (0.4kg) chicken thighs, deboned and skin on
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- Debone the chicken thighs but keep the skin on. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Pan-fry the chicken on both sides until cooked. Discard the fatty oil from the chicken skin but save the juice from the chicken. Set aside.
- Heat up a sauce pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and stir-fry the garlic until slightly browned. Add the honey, Dijon Mustard, water and salt. Stir to combine well. Transfer the sauce into the skillet, turn on the heat on the skillet and stir to make sure that the chicken is nicely coated with the Honey Dijon sauce. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 428Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 148mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 25g