Honey Garlic Chicken
Everyone loves the combination of honey, garlic and chicken. Imagine a sticky sweet and savory honey garlic sauce with moist and juicy chicken cooked on skillet.
This chicken recipe is family friendly and a sure fire way to win at dinner.
Little G is hooked on honey, or all kinds of foods made with honey. I use honey to make a lot of dishes for dinner.
One of our family’s favorite is honey garlic sauce, which is absolutely amazing on all kinds of protein, especially chicken.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Honey Lime Chicken
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Chicken Adobo
I also love playing with brown butter. When you heat up regular butter to become brown butter, it lends a nutty scent and deeper flavors to your chicken dish and makes this honey garlic chicken recipe even better.
This dish is certainly one of the best chicken recipes ever and you can make it with chicken thighs or chicken breasts. I love chicken skin but you can always use skinless and boneless chicken.
This brown butter honey garlic chicken recipe is everything I want in chicken: meaty chicken, savory and sweet sauce that you just want to sop up to the last drop, and the garlicky aroma. The dish is very easy to make with pantry item ingredients and takes 20 minutes.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 481 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 20 oz. (570 g) 6 organic (small) chicken thighs
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Lemon slices, for garnishing
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and ground black pepper on both sides of the chicken. Add all the ingredients for the Sauce in a bowl, whisk and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) and pan-fry the chicken thighs (skin side down). Turn the chicken over and pan fry until the skin becomes golden brown and the meat side becomes nicely browned and crispy. Set aside.
- Discard the chicken fat on the skillet. Add the butter and let melt and foam, until the butter turns light brown. Add the garlic and saute for 10 seconds. Transfer the chicken back into the skillet and then add the Sauce. Turn the heat to low to simmer and reduce the sauce to a thicker consistency, or until they turn sticky, golden brown, and that the chicken is cooked through. Flip the chicken over a couple of times. Turn the heat off, garnish with the parsley and lemon. Serve immediately.
Cut the inside of the chicken to check doneness. If the sauce dries up before the chicken is cooked, add some water and continue to cook the chicken.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 433Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 153mgSodium 329mgCarbohydrates 19gSugar 17gProtein 23g