Delicious Sauteed Potatoes and Mushrooms
When you have a picky eater at home, you need a few secret weapons up your sleeves, and butter sauteed potatoes and mushrooms is one of them.
As simple as it sounds, I love the simple flavors—the buttery taste, the slightly charred potatoes, and the umami tasting mushroom. It’s absolutely delicious!
This is a great side dish to serve. There is no need to pre-heat the oven or roasting. You just need a saute pan or skillet and 15 minutes later, you will have this amazing dish and only one pan to clean.
Make it today, and I am sure that you and your family will be delighted.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Potato and Mushrooms
Now you can fancy up this dish with additional ingredients you like, for example: bacon bits and/or your favorite cheese topping. (Check out my cheesy roasted potato with bacon recipe. )
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Keep Potatoes from Sticking to the Pan?
Let the potatoes sit on top of the pan with hot oil. Be sure to use enough oil and choose firm-cooking potatoes.
How Many Calories Are in a Sauteed Potato?
There are 229 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served as a side dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz. (226 g) potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 oz. (115 g) white or cremini mushroom, stems removed and sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- some chopped parsley leaves
- Add 2 tablespoon butter to a saute pan or skillet on medium heat. Add the potato and saute until they turn slightly charred and light to golden brown color. Push the potato to one side.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and saute the mushroom. As soon as the mushroom is cooked, stir to combine both potato and mushroom. Add a pinch of salt and the chopped parsley. Stir to combine well. Dish out and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 45mgSodium 184mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 5g