Roasted Potato is one of my favorite side dish and this Italian roasted potatoes recipe is fast becoming my favorite. This is also a quick and easy recipe to roast and bake potatoes in the oven.
These potatoes are absolutely out-of-the-world delicious. Made with Parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil and herb. Just look at the pictures, don’t you just want to pick up the potatoes and eat?
Other Recipes You Might Like
Baby Potatoes Vs. Regular Potatoes
I love baby potatoes and they are perfect for this Italian roasted potatoes recipe. Baby potatoes are quick to cook and take only 20 minutes from prep to dinner. Just pick up the smallest baby potatoes you can find at your local store the next time you go shopping.
You can also use regular-sized potatoes but be sure to cut them up into smaller chunks about the size of baby potatoes so they get cooked evenly in the oven.
How to Make Roasted Potatoes in the Oven
I started off the potatoes on the stove top, cooking them with garlic and Italian seasonings. Top with generous amount of Parmesan cheese and transfer the skillet into the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
To make things even better, top the potatoes with small butter cubes. Let them melt and you will have the best roasted potatoes you have ever made at home!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 329 calories per serving.
Serve Italian Roasted Potatoes With:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Italian Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb. baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon bottled Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 dashes paprika
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C). Clean and rinse the baby potatoes, drain and cut into halves.
- Heat up an oven-safe skillet (cast-iron preferred) and add the olive oil. Add the potatoes and cook until the surface turns crispy. Turn over the cook the skin side until nicely browned. Push the potatoes to one side and saute the garlic, follow by the Italian seasoning, salt and paprika, stir to combine well.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the cheese and parsley on top of the potatoes. Transfer the skillet into the oven, roast for 15 minutes. Add the butter cubes on top of the potatoes, serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I would like to try this potato recipe and wondered if it would be ok to do the stove part and then wait a bit to put them in the oven. I want to make it for company and would like to do as much in advance and I possibly can. Thanks for any information you can provide!