Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Shrimp, garlic, butter and lemon are my best friends. Really. When you combine these magic ingredients together in a sizzling cast-iron skillet, you have the best flavor explosion in the mouth.
What’s more, these shrimp can be served as is, as an appetizer, or with pasta, rice or salad.
Lemon Butter Sauce
Lemon butter sauce is probably one of my favorite sauces for protein, especially on fresh and succulent shrimp. When you have great ingredients, a simple saute with lemon, butter and garlic are all you need.
In this recipe, I turn the butter to brown butter and it instantly elevates this skillet shrimp to a completely new level of garlicky, lemony and buttery goodness.
Other Shrimp Recipes You Might Like:
I always buy shelled and deveined shrimp (tail-on or tail-off) at Target. It’s in the frozen section and they sell for only $7.45 or $7.95 for a 1-lb bag. You can also use tiger prawn.
For the brown butter lemon sauce, always use unsalted butter, freshly squeezed lemon juice and use fresh garlic. For the white wine, any store-bought bottle would work.
Why brown butter? Trust me, brown butter makes everything better as it has a richer, intense, nutty and toasty flavor. You get brown butter by heating up unsalted butter so they turn foamy and brown.
Together with the garlic lemon sauce, you turn the shrimp into a gourmet dish.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 267 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) shelled and deveined shrimp, tail on
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet, cast-iron preferred. Add the unsalted butter on medium heat. Melt and stir the butter until it starts to foam and the color turn brown. Add the garlic and saute for 10 seconds before adding the shrimp.
- Stir and toss the shrimp with a spatula until both sides are nicely cooked. Add the salt, cayenne pepper, white wine and lemon juice. Cook and reduce the sauce a little bit. Add the parsley and turn off the heat. Serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 230mgSodium 1441mgCarbohydrates 4gProtein 21g