I never run out of shrimp in my freezer.
I always have a pack or two frozen shrimp that I can quickly whip up for dinner.
Shrimp is so versatile and delicious, and this garlic honey lime shrimp recipe is no exception.
Shrimp is really not that expensive when they are on sale.
For 1 lb bag of shrimp, you can get it for $6-$7 or cheaper. They are shelled, deveined, and ready for cooking.
You can use whole peeled shrimp (no tail-on) and they are cheaper.
When you have good shrimp, all you need are some basic ingredients: garlic, honey, salt, cayenne pepper and squirts of fresh lime juice.
Serve this garlic honey lime shrimp with pasta, noodles, or cilantro lime rice.
I served it with my creamy garlic Parmesan fettuccine and dinner was delicious!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 351 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- chopped parsley
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water. Drained and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred), add the olive oil and butter. Add the garlic and saute until they turn slightly brown, stir in the shrimp. Stir and cook the shrimp a few times before adding the honey, lime juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook the shrimp until the honey lime sauce thickens. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 351Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 587mgSodium 2057mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 47g