This past Spring break, we took little G on an amazing European trip where we started off in Barcelona, Spain.
We had amazing Spanish tapas every day. We all really enjoyed Spanish food, especially the seafood dishes. One of them is certainly Gambas Al Ajillo, or Chili Garlic Shrimp. We never had a bad ones there.
Fast forward to now, I still miss the dish, because I love shrimp, and I love the explosive flavors of this concoction.
So, I found the recipe I saved from Saveur magazine and adapted it to my liking. The end result was absolutely fabulous, and transported me back to the tapas restaurants in Spain instantly.
What’s so great about this chili garlic shrimp recipe is its simplicity. It’s so easy and calls for a few ingredients.
With New Year just around the corner, these Gambas Al Ajillo will be perfect as a party food or appetizer. You won’t go wrong with chili and garlic shrimp, made with olive oil!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 364 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs. shelled, deveined, tail-on shrimp
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- crusty French bread for serving, optional
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on high heat. Add oil, garlic and chili flakes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is golden. Add shrimp and salt to taste. Stirring until shrimp are completely cooked through. Stir in the parsley and serve immediately with some sliced French bread (optional).
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 138gSaturated Fat 14gSodium 39mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 12gSugar 5gProtein 27g