This past Spring break, we took little G on an amazing European trip where we started off in Barcelona, Spain.
We had amazing Spanish tapas every day. We all really enjoyed Spanish food, especially the seafood dishes. One of them is certainly Gambas Al Ajillo, or Chili Garlic Shrimp. We never had a bad ones there.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Fast forward to now, I still miss the dish, because I love shrimp, and I love the explosive flavors of this concoction.
So, I found the recipe I saved from Saveur magazine and adapted it to my liking. The end result was absolutely fabulous, and transported me back to the tapas restaurants in Spain instantly.
What’s so great about this chili garlic shrimp recipe is its simplicity. It’s so easy and calls for a few ingredients.
With New Year just around the corner, these Gambas Al Ajillo will be perfect as a party food or appetizer. You won’t go wrong with chili and garlic shrimp, made with olive oil!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 364 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs (750g) shrimp (shelled, deveined, tail-on )
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- crusty French bread for serving (optional)
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on high heat. Add oil, garlic and chili flakes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is golden.
- Add shrimp and salt to taste. Stirring until shrimp are completely cooked through. Stir in the parsley and serve immediately with some sliced French bread (optional).
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.