Every summer, I look forward to grilled shrimp recipes on my outdoor gas grill. There is something about juicy and succulent shrimp, with your favorite marinade and grilled to perfection.
These Cajun grilled shrimp are sweet with honey, sticky, savory, plus heat and aromas from the Cajun spices. This is the best recipe that you’ve been waiting for!
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Grill Shrimp?
- First, choose the type and size of the shrimp. You may use shell-on shrimp or peeled, deveined shrimp with tails on.
- Choose your marinade. I used honey, bottled Cajun seasoning and lemon as the main ingredients.
- Grill the shrimps on your outdoor grill. You don’t have to thread them on bamboo skewers if the shrimp are big enough. Just place them on the gas grill and grill.
Can I Grill Shrimp without a Grill?
If you don’t have a grill, you can make this recipe on an indoor grill.
You can also saute using a grill pan or skillet. Another way is to bake and roast them in the oven.
How Long to Marinate the Shrimp
Shrimps are naturally sweet, briny and flavorful so a short marinate time, about 5-10 minutes, is enough.
There is no need to marinate the shrimp for hours in the fridge as the flavors of the marinade and seasoning will only flavor the exterior part of the shrimp.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This shrimp recipe is only 198 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
For summer grilling and backyard party, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Honey Cajun Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb. 0.4 kg shrimp, shelled and deveined with tails on
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 dashes Cajun seasonings
- 1 pinch salt
Dipping Sauce (Optional):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Rinse the shrimp, pat dry with paper towels. In a bowl, mix the melted butter, honey, lemon juice, Cajun seasonings and salt together. Stir to mix well.
- Prepare the optional Dipping Sauce by mixing all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Combine the shrimp and honey mixture together, stir to coat well. Fire up an outdoor grill and grill with direct fire on both surface until they turn slightly charred and transfer to the top section to cook completely.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the Dipping Sauce.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Wonderful recipes, great taste, and always enjoyed your e-mails with the recipes,
Is cooked or raw shrimp used? Thank you.
Always use raw shrimp. Why would you grill cooked shrimp???
Thank you for this easy, delicious recipe! Everyone loved it. If I were to bake in oven, what temp would I use? Would you recommend baking or broiling?
Thanks Lynn for trying my recipe. You can bake in the oven for 375 for 10 minutes. That should cook it. You can finish off with broil. Please check out more recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/
It looks very yummy! Honey and shrimps look good together. They are perfect combination. And the dish seems perfectly cooked!
I dearly love your recipes. There’s not any recipes I’ve tried I didn’t love. Thank you so very much for sharing.
Hi Emma, thanks so much for your support, I am so happy that you love my recipes. :)