Mushroom kebab or mushroom skewers are one of the most popular items for summer grilling. The reason is simple; mushrooms cook very fast over direct heat, plus they are healthy and great with just about anything.
As mushrooms are mild in flavors, you just need a little bit of grilled mushroom marinade.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Garlic Butter Mushroom Kebab is one easy grilled mushrooms recipe. The garlic butter and herb mixture is all you need to enhance the natural taste.
Coat the mushrooms with the marinade and thread them onto bamboo skewers. Make sure your mushrooms are about the same size so they cook evenly.
How to Grill Mushrooms
Most people overcook mushrooms on the grill and as a result, the mushrooms shrink and the surface “wrinkle” and the moisture content from the mushrooms seep out and they become watery.
So, how long does it take to cook mushrooms on the grill? The answer is about 5 minutes.
First, you place the mushrooms on direct heat over the grill. Let the mushroom kebabs and skewers sit on the grill for about 3 minutes before turning them over for another 2 minutes on the grill. Perfectly grilled mushrooms should look like my pictures here.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 128 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Garlic Butter Mushroom Kebab
- 1 lb. brown or white mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Clean the mushroom surface with paper towels and trim the stems off a little bit. Place the mushrooms in a container.
- Add the melted butter, garlic, salt, lemon juice and parsley, stir to combine well. Thread 3 or 4 mushrooms onto the skewers, keep the garlic butter herb marinade. Place the mushroom kebabs on the grill, over direct heat.
- Grill for 3 minutes on one side before turning over and grill for another 2 minutes. While grilling, brush the remaining marinade on the mushrooms. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Turned out excellent!!! Thanks for recipe love all of your recipes I’ve tried.
Awesome, thanks for trying my garlic butter mushroom kebab.