I have been wanting to make this amazing chimichurri salmon for the longest time.
The recipe is from an old Martha Stewart’s magazine that I had been keeping it for years.
Finally, I got to try it out and it’s one of the best tasting salmon recipes ever!
Chimichurri sauce is a South American creation. It’s usually made with cilantro, parsley, garlic and olive oil. There are many variations but this mango chimichurri sauce is absolutely delightful.
The fresh, sweet and tangy mango shines in this chimichurri salmon recipe and lends gorgeous color, fruity taste to an already delicious recipe.
This dish is utterly simple and straight forward to make at home. It’s also versatile as you can spoon the mango chimichurri sauce over chicken or shrimp.
Just look at the pictures above, this homemade chimichurri salmon looks and tastes like it’s straight from restaurants. Bon appetit!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 472 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Ground black pepper
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- Stir the mango, cilantro, parlesy, red-pepper flakes, oil and lime juice together. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat up a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Lightly oil the hot grill. Season salmon with salt and black pepper and lightly brush with oil. Grill, skin side up, until salmon begins to turn opaque, 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter, spoon chimichurri over top, and serve.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 472Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 124mgSodium 113mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 45g