Foil-wrapped salmon is one of the easiest way to prepare salmon. The active time is usually very short, takes 5-10 minutes but yields moist, juicy and delicious salmon baked in the oven.
One of the marinade I love for salmon is Chili-Lime sauce or marinade. If you have tried my Chili Lime Chicken, you will know just how amazing and mouthwatering the taste is.
However, this Chili Lime Salmon has a completely different recipe.
To make the Chili-Lime marinate or sauce, you need only a few key ingredients. I love Huy Fong brand (Rooster brand) Chili Garlic Sauce, which you can get easily now at major supermarkets and food stores.
The taste is absolutely delightful for salmon, with a nice heat (but not too spicy).
Adding honey and fresh lime juice pretty much complete the flavors for this oven-baked and foil-wrapped salmon dish.
There is no marinade time. Just spoon over the sauce, wrap up the salmon with aluminum foil and you are done!
Serve Chili Lime Salmon with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 263 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Chili Lime Salmon Recipe
Chili Lime Salmon - moist, tender and delicious foil-wrapped salmon marinated with chili-garlic sauce and lime juice. Easy weeknight recipe that takes 30 mins.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Huy Fong, Rooster brand Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1Preheat the oven to 400F. In a small bowl, mix the garlic, Chili Garlic Sauce, lime juice, honey and salt together. Stir to mix well.
- 2Lay out two big sheets of aluminum foil. Make sure they are big enough to cover and wrap the salmon. Place the salmon on top of the foil. Add the Chili-Lime mixture to the salmon. Spoon over to cover the entire salmon. Top with cilantro. Wrap up the foil sheets and make sure that there is no leakage.
- 3Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the Salmon is just cooked through. Serve immediately.
You may use another Chili Garlic Sauce you like. Taste the Chili-Lime mixture and adjust the taste per your liking. Add more lime juice and honey if you like.