What is Asian Slaw?
Asian slaw is a salad dish made with vegetables and an Asian slaw dressing.
This is an easy Asian slaw recipe. You’ll learn how to make this simple recipe at home. It’s absolutely healthy, refreshing and low in calories.
This simple Asian salad calls for the following ingredients:
- Coleslaw mix – cabbage and red cabbage
- Cashew nuts
- Cherry tomatoes
The dressing is made of:
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Apple cider vinegar
It is savory, light, aromatic with the sesame oil.
There is no mayonnaise or cream in the dressing, so it’s low fat and low calories.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Add Protein to the Salad?
Yes, you can. Make a simple grilled or pan-seared chicken breast and add them on top of the salad.
Can I Add Ramen Noodles to the Salad?
Yes, you can basically make Asian ramen noodle salad by adding cooked ramen to the cabbage slaw.
Is it healthy?
Yes, this salad is extremely healthy for you and gives you just the right nutritional values.
How many calories?
This recipe has 370 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This dish is best served as a side dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3-4 cups chilled coleslaw mix
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts
- toasted sesame seeds
Spicy Soy Sesame Dressing:
- Bring the water to boil and cook the frozen edamame, for 1-2 minutes. Drained and set aside. Combine all the ingredients of the dressing together. Stir to mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, edamame, cherry tomatoes, cashew nuts and the dressing together. Top with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 370Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 3gSodium 871mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 5gSugar 31gProtein 9g