Easy Chinese Chicken Salad
One of my favorite salads to make is Chinese Chicken Salad—simple green toss with grilled chicken in a savory and tangy homemade Chinese dressing.
I love making light, clean, and good salads as part of my healthy living lifestyle. There is no better time to make salads as farmers markets are sprouting up everywhere this time of year and you can get all kinds of fresh produce from your local farmers.
Other Asian Salad Recipes:
The Best Chinese Chicken Salad
I love the colorful mix of salad – cabbage, carrots, cucumber and mixed salad green. The vibrant color instantly enhances my appetite.
Grilled chicken is always great for Chinese chicken salad. I also love the fried wonton strips at the top of my salad, which add amazing crunchy texture to the salad.
Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing
This salad will not be complete without my special Chinese chicken salad dressing, which is sesame ginger salad dressing packed with amazing flavors.
Try my recipe the next time you want a light and refreshing salad!
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 226 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast fillet
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and julienned
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced, (optional)
- 1 piece fried tofu, sliced, (optional)
- 5 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups oil to make crispy wontons
Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium or light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pure sesame oil
- 2- inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 stalk scallion, cut into thin rounds
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Whisk all the Salad Dressing ingredients together and set aside for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate until use.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, black pepper, and 2 1/2 tablespoons of Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing for 30 minutes. Discard marinade before cooking.
- Pan-sear the chicken on both sides, until the meat is completely cooked. Remove chicken and cool down. Cut into thin slices.
- Cut each wonton wrapper into 8 strips. Heat up the oil in a wok on medium-high heat. When the oil is heated, deep-fry the wonton strips until golden brown. Remove from wok with a strainer and drained on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the salad greens, carrot, cucumber, chicken and the Sesame Ginger dressing. Toss well.
- Chill for 5 minutes, garnish with crispy wonton strips and serve immediately.
To substitute crispy wontons, use store-bought crispy chow mein or home-made crispy rice stick noodles. If you prefer a spicy Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing, add a teaspoon or two of chili sauce and/or chili oil to the dressing.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 226Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 146mgSodium 2049mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 4gSugar 58gProtein 73g