Originally published in September 2008. Updated with new photos and recipe.
Easy & Delicious Ramen Recipe
When I was a poor international student in the Midwest, ramen was pretty much my daily diet.
On days when I was tired of instant ramen in MSG-laden soup, I made ramen noodle salad, just like the ones shown on the pictures here.
Ramen noodle salad is one of the easiest salads to make and it’s quite delicious.
Imagine al dente ramen noodles with shredded cabbage, carrots, in a tangy, sweet, and mildly spicy dressing of Japanese ponzu, sesame oil, honey, and Thai sweet chili sauce.
It’s got flavors, vegetables, carb and tastes just like those expensive salads at fancy Asian-fusion restaurants.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How To Make Ramen Noodle Salad
What’s more, there is absolutely no cooking involved other than cooking the ramen. Slice the cabbages, carrot, stir and mix, and that’s pretty much a salad dinner. Now that I am no longer a poor student, I still make this ramen noodle salad once in a while, thinking of the old days.
With Spring just around the corner, I am sure you are looking forward to refreshing and colorful salads. This is the perfect spring recipe, try it!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 263 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 pack instant ramen, discard the seasoning packet
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2- inch (5cm) carrot, peeled and cut into matchstick strips
- Chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon white and black sesame seeds
- Bring water to boil and cook the ramen for about 2 minutes or until al dente. Drained and set aside, let cool. Mix all the ingredients of the Dressing in a small bowl, set aside.
- Transfer the ramen to a salad bowl and toss with the shredded cabbages, carrot and the Dressing with a salad tong. Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds. Serve cold.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 263Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 1217mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 2gSugar 15gProtein 5g