I love corn and I wanted to eat corn all year long. Even though summer is long gone (can’t believe it’s already mid October), everyone who loves corn can have your fix by making this amazing skillet chili lime corn using frozen corn.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This recipe is inspired by a restaurant dish I had recently. The restaurant is famous for its Mexican elote (grilled corn). I loved the dish so I decided to develop this recipe, and I am very proud of my concoction.
It’s absolutely delicious, explosively flavorful, and this skillet chili lime corn makes an outstanding side dish anytime of the year.
I adapted my ever popular Chili Lime Chicken recipe, using similar ingredients to bring out the flavors of this corn dish.
The key is to cook the corn until they are caramelized and topped it with lots of Mexican fresh cheese (queso fresco). Bon appetit!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 402 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Skillet Chili Lime Corn Recipe
Skillet Chili Lime Corn - the best corn with chili, honey, lime and cheese. Takes 15 mins to make and a perfect side dish for any meals.
- 12 oz frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 jalapeno chili, seeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Mexican queso fresco or queso blanca
- 1Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat, add the melted butter and jalapeno. Add the corn and cook. Add the honey, cayenne pepper, salt, stir to cook well until the corns are caramelized. Add the lime juice, stir to mix well. Top with the cilantro, cheese, pinch of cayenne pepper and serve immediately.
You may also use Cojita cheese, or any crumbled and mild tasting crumbled cheese of your choice.