Last week I posted the savory and cheesy garlic Parmesan butternut squash recipe. This week I am going to sweeten you up with this amazing, sweet, and absolutely delicious honey roasted butternut squash recipe.
This recipe is so easy but accentuates the natural sweetness of the butternut squash even more with honey and butter as the main ingredients.
Well, honey and butter, these two ingredients are sure to turn any plain ingredients into something totally mouthwatering and scrumptious.
I adapted this honey roasted butternut squash recipe from Popsugar Food. Other than honey, you can also use maple syrup.
However, if you do use maple syrup, please use pure maple syrup instead of regular syrup for pancakes or waffles. Trust me, it does make a huge difference in terms of the taste.
If using maple syrup, line the baking sheet with parchment paper so that the sugar won’t burn and stick to the pan.
This is an amazing side dish for any Fall meals. They go well with everything and even the pickiest eater would happily chow it down. If you have never tried butternut squash before, you’re totally missing out.
It’s definitely one of my favorite squash now, it was love at first bite. The hard exterior is kind of hard to work with, but once you get through it, sweet rewards await.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 266 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb (0.4kg) butternut squash, peeled and roughly cubed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the butternut squash cubes with the melted butter, a large pinch of salt, black pepper, parsley, and honey in a big bowl, then transfer them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread out in a single even layer, and roast for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the squash is fork-tender and lightly browned.
You can use olive oil instead of butter, if you like.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 266Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 30mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 4gSugar 22gProtein 2g