If you are are like me, a mom of a growing toddler, your fridge is most likely loaded with various kinds of cheese sticks or string cheese.
Little G is a HUGE fan of cheese, all kinds of cheese: Parmesan, cheddar, mozzarella, cheese sticks, etc. I never run out of cheese in my fridge.
Other Recipes You Might Like
One of the easiest things that I packed for his afternoon snack at school is these amazing baked mozzarella cheese sticks.
Generally coated with beaten egg, Japanese panko (or bread crumbs) and baked to golden perfection, these cheese sticks are amazing and little G can’t get enough of them.
More importantly, they are so easy to make with very easy-to-get ingredients. Just dip the cheese sticks into the beaten egg, roll the cheese sticks generously with Japanese panko or bread crumbs, bake them in the oven and they are done.
They can be eaten as is or you may get some bottled marinara sauce as a dipping sauce. I usually do without the sauce as they are just as delicious as is. Make a big batch as both grown-ups and kids are going to gobble them up in no time!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 69 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 package reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 tablespoons Japanese panko or bread scrumbs
- 1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce (warmed (optional))
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Remove the mozzarella cheese from the packaging and set aside. In a small non-stick skillet, mix Italian seasoning with panko and place over medium heat. Cook and stir bread crumbs until lightly browned.
- Dip each string cheese in the egg until coated and then into the toasted panko, to coat evenly. Redip the string cheese in egg and again into the panko. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until everything is used up.
- Bake 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.