If you are hosting or going to a New Year’s Eve party and wish to bring a dish that is sure to impress, this garlic sun-dried tomatoes roasted shrimp is the perfect dish to make.
I had this dish while we were on our family vacation at Per Aquum Niyama. It was an unforgettable dish and I have been craving for it for a while.
Other Recipes You Might Like
The dish is very simple; you will need lots of garlic, some sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, parsley, chili flakes and shrimp. This Mediterranean dish is very much like the ones served at Tapas restaurants in Spain and all over Mediterranean.
The sweet thing is that you don’t have to pay an arm or a leg for it, as you can whip it up in 20 minutes at the comfort of your own home.
You can make this as a party food (your friends and family will love you for this!), or as a weeknight or weekend dish. Eat them as is, or best served with crusty French bread or an easy spaghetti.
Sop up all the greasy goodness with the bread, and down the shrimp with a glass of cocktail or wine. Life is absolutely delicious!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 272 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or more to taste
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) shelled, deveined and tail-on shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat up the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat up a skillet with the olive oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and lightly saute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chili flakes, stir to mix well, until the oil becomes slightly red in color. Add shrimp, salt and parsley leaves, stir to combine well.
- Transfer the shrimp into the oven, roast for 10 minutes. Dish out and serve immediately.
This dish is supposed to be greasy. The shrimp should be somewhat soaked in the olive oil. Cut down the amount of olive oil if you want a healthier dish.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 285mgSodium 1072mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gProtein 24g