Baked Sweet Potato
I love sweet potato, especially when baked in the oven.
Sweet potato recipes are usually oven baked or roasted as a whole but sometimes, they are cut into wedges, slices or chips.
My favorite recipe is sliced sweet potato, bake with butter, salt and herbs.
This is one of the best sweet potato recipes I’ve ever tasted. The recipe yields crispy and buttery chips, perfect for Thanksgiving!
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Bake Sweet Potatoes?
First, use a mandolin slicer, thinly slice the peeled potatoes. Pat dry with paper towels.
Next, place the sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with butter, salt, black pepper and chopped rosemary/oregano.
Carefully arrange the slices upright (from left to right) in a small baking tray and bake in the oven for an hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do You Bake Sweet Potatoes?
The best oven baking temperature is 400°F or 204°C.
Bake for 60 minutes or until the potatoes are completely cooked through and the edges turn crispy.
How to Slice Sweet Potatoes?
For thin and even slices, you need a Mandoline Slicer.
I recommend OXO Handheld Mandoline Slicer, click here to buy on Amazon. You can also slice by hand using a sharp knife.
Please be extra careful when you use the Mandoline Slicer. To avoid slicing your finger, I recommend using a pair of hand gloves.
Can I Add Marshmallow As Toppings?
Yes, you sure can!
This recipe is savory in taste but you may add marshmallow as toppings and serve it as a casserole for Thanksgiving.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This baked sweet potato recipe is only 399 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This meal is best served with a main dish or with side dishes. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 4 lbs (1.8kg) sweet potatoes
- 6 oz (175g) unsalted butter, room temperature or melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maldon sea salt flakes (preferred or salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rosemary or oregano (chopped )
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Using a mandolin slicer, thinly slice the peeled potatoes. Pat dry the potatoes with paper towels.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Using your hands, toss with butter, salt, black pepper and chopped rosemary/oregano until fully coated.
- Carefully place the sweet potatoes upright, from left to right, in a small baking tray. Do not pack in the sweet potatoes too tightly, as this impacts the crispiness.
- Bake for an hour, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked and turn crispy. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.