One Pot Spaghetti
If you are a mom who has kids in school, this homemade one-pot spaghetti and meat sauce should be on your dinner rotation.
This recipe is so easy and quick. Throw all ingredients in the meat sauce and dinner is ready in 20 minutes.
How to Make Spaghetti with Meat Sauce?
You can make spaghetti and meat sauce on stove top. You can use a skillet, a pot such as Dutch oven, or a pan.
The meat sauce can be made from scratch, using ground beef and seasoned with salt and pepper. The cooking process is very easy and anyone can make it.
Fresh Tomatoes vs. Canned Tomatoes
While you can use fresh tomatoes and cook everything from scratch (check out my one-pan pasta recipe), I opted for canned tomatoes for busy weeknights. There are two kinds of canned tomatoes you can use:
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Whole Peeled Tomatoes
I used Hunt’s Crushed Tomatoes, but you can certainly use Whole Peeled Tomatoes for similar results.
Just remember to blend the whole tomatoes if you are using the latter.
Tips for Making One Pot Spaghetti
- You can use a pot such as Dutch oven or a pan or skillet.
- If you use a pan or skillet, make sure the diameter is at least 11-inch so it’s wide enough to contain the spaghetti.
- If you have a smaller pan or skillet, break the spaghetti into halves before adding to the cookware.
- Cover the pot, pan or skillet while cooking.
- Half way through cooking, uncover the pot and stir the spaghetti and meat sauce a few times so the spaghetti doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Do not overcook the spaghetti. The spaghetti will continue to cook after you turn off the heat and the sauce will reduce on its own as the spaghetti “soaks up” the meat sauce.
Serve One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
Complete Meal Plan
Other Recipes You Might Like
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE
All photos and recipes on Rasa Malaysia are copyright protected. Please do not use the photos and recipes without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words instead of copy and paste and link back to //rasamalaysia.com/spaghetti-with-meat-sauce/. Thank you very much!