When it comes to busy weeknights, nothing beats a homemade one-pot pasta as you cook the pasta right in the sauce. There is only one pot to clean after dinner and the stock used in cooking the pasta adds amazing flavors to the dish.
The starch from the pasta also helps to thicken the sauce, making the pasta utterly delicious.
While the pasta looks plain, this Spinach and Tomatoes spaghetti is absolutely delightful. The pasta is perfectly cooked with the right texture; each strands is coated with the refreshing and great taste of the sauce garlic and onion-infused sauce. It’s so good and dinner is ready in 20 minutes!
When using one pan or one pot, it’s important to cook the pasta in stages. The flavors of each ingredient should build on each other and every element cooks to just the right doneness.
This recipe delivers al dente pasta, with a barely there sauce that is light but extremely flavorful. It’s the best pasta I have made in my kitchen. This recipe is a keeper and a must-try.
I will assure you that you won’t buy another bottled pasta sauce!
Serve One-Pot Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
Pairs well with:
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 394 calories per serving.
One-Pot Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe
One-Pot Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes - crazy delicious pasta with spinach and tomatoes. Everything is made from scratch and cooked in one pot. The best pasta recipe ever!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped oregano
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in a wide skillet, pan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, saute 3 minutes or until they start to brown. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano and spaghetti. Press the spaghetti with a spatula to submerge the pasta in the liquid. If your skillet, pan or Dutch oven is not wide enough, you might break the spaghetti into halves before cooking. Cover with the lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. If the pasta is not cooked after 8 minutes, add a little bit more chicken broth, cover the lid and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2Uncover the lid and add salt. Add the spinach, stirring until the leaves wilt. Turn off the heat and top the pasta with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
I used Roma Tomatoes and Barilla brand spaghetti.