How to roast carrots? Many people ask this question. Today, I am going to teach you how to make easy oven roasted carrots with two simple ingredients: honey and butter.
Add garlic, parsley and salt and you’ll have one of the best carrot recipes. This buttery and garlicky honey roasted carrots is absolutely delicious and picky eater friendly.
What Carrots to Use?
This time of year, carrot tops are fresh and abundant in farmers market and stores. I used carrot tops but you can certainly use regular carrots or baby carrots.
The secret to this recipe is to roast the carrots at 400F for 25-30 minutes (depending on the size of your carrots) so they become so tender that they taste almost like roasted sweet potatoes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Roast with the Skin on Carrots?
Yes, you can roast whole carrots with the skin on. Just make sure you scrub and clean the skin so there is no dirt on the surface. I prefer to peel the skin off before oven roasting.
How to Cut Carrots for Roasting?
I didn’t cut the carrots but you can cut them into chunky pieces or rounds like coins. It’s totally up to you.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 228 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with main dishes. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) carrots, tops trimmed and skin peeled (two bunches carrot tops)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Toss the carrots with the melted butter, garlic, a large pinch of salt, black pepper, parsley, and honey in a big bowl, then transfer them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread out in a single even layer, and roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until the carrot is fork-tender and lightly browned.
You can use olive oil instead of butter, if you like.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 228Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 30mgSodium 159mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 6gSugar 28gProtein 2g