Lemon herd roasted carrots should be on your dining table this Spring! Spring is in full swing and farmers markets are filled with fresh and bountiful produce.
This time of year, I love buying carrots with the tops attached. Nothing screams springtime like a bunch of carrots with the tops, with dirt still clinging to them.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This is a great recipe to use up the leftover herbs sitting in your fridge. You can be creative with the herbs.
There is no bad herb when it comes to cooking as each herb infuses and imparts its unique aroma, and carrot is an amazing ingredient that is great with just about any herbs.
For this lemon herb carrots recipe, I used unsalted butter, fresh thymes, oregano, Italian parsley, and lemon juice. It’s that simple! You don’t need a complicated recipe and too many ingredients when it comes to a simple roasted carrots.
As carrots are naturally sweet in taste, there is no need to use honey in this recipe. Try making these lemon herbs roasted carrots, you will love them!
Serve Lemon Herb Roasted Carrots with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 132 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Lemon Herb Roasted Carrots Recipe
Lemon Herb Roasted Carrots - the best roasted carrots recipe ever with lots of thyme, oregano, parsley and lemon juice. It's so easy and so good you will want the carrots every day.
- 1 lb. peeled carrots
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Mix the butter, oregano, thyme, Italian parsley and lemon juice together. Set aside.
- 3Arrange the carrots on a baking sheet. Drizzle the lemon herb butter on the carrots. Turn and roll the carrots so the surface is evenly coated with the butter mixture. Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper on top of the carrots.
- 4Roast the carrots for 20-25 minutes or until the center of the carrots become tender, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
You will need two bunches of fresh carrots with tops (2 lbs) to have 1 lb. of peeled carrots. Cut off the green tops and peel the skin.