We all love potatoes as our side dish and I have many amazing roasted potatoes recipes on my site.
This is the first time I tried smashed potatoes and I am instantly hooked.
What an amazing texture and flavor combination, especially with the rich and delicious garlic pesto on the smashed potatoes.
I adapted this amazing recipe from Minimalist Baker (check out her gorgeous blog!).
I love it that these garlic pesto smashed potatoes are so easy to make.
First you boil the potatoes, then you smash them flat. I thoroughly had fun playing the smashing potatoe game with little G.
Then, you drizzle some olive oil, salt and black pepper on the smashed potatoes and bake them until golden brown.
The final touch is smearing the garlic pesto on the potatoes and voila, you have the most amazing, utterly scrumptious and flavorful potatoes.
They are so good that I ate so much.
Try this recipe, I assure you that your family will love you even more!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 239 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Garlic Pesto Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Garlic Pesto Smashed Potatoes – the best potatoes recipe ever with smashed baby potatoes topped with delicious garlic pesto. So good.
- 1 1/2 lbs. baby yellow potatoes, rinsed
- garlic pesto, (click for the recipe)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper
- chopped parsley
- 1Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Prepare the Garlic Pesto
- 3Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 4Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet. Using the bottom of a small sauce pan, gently smash the potatoes and flatten them. Brush the olive oil on the potatoes, then add the salt and pepper.
- 5Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Brush the Garlic Pesto generously on top of the smashed potatoes, top with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Save the remaining Garlic Pesto in the fridge, or use the remaining and serve with the smashed potatoes.