We all love potatoes as our side dish and I have many amazing roasted potatoes recipes on my site.
This is the first time I tried smashed potatoes and I am instantly hooked.
Other Recipes You Might Like
What an amazing texture and flavor combination, especially with the rich and delicious garlic pesto on the smashed potatoes.
I adapted this amazing recipe from Minimalist Baker (check out her gorgeous blog!).
I love it that these garlic pesto smashed potatoes are so easy to make.
First you boil the potatoes, then you smash them flat. I thoroughly had fun playing the smashing potatoe game with little G.
Then, you drizzle some olive oil, salt and black pepper on the smashed potatoes and bake them until golden brown.
The final touch is smearing the garlic pesto on the potatoes and voila, you have the most amazing, utterly scrumptious and flavorful potatoes.
They are so good that I ate so much.
Try this recipe, I assure you that your family will love you even more!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 239 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Garlic Pesto Smashed Potatoes
- 11/2 lbs. baby yellow potatoes, rinsed
- garlic pesto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper
- chopped parsley
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Prepare the Garlic Pesto.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet. Using the bottom of a small sauce pan, gently smash the potatoes and flatten them. Brush the olive oil on the potatoes, then add the salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Brush the Garlic Pesto generously on top of the smashed potatoes, top with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
The preparation of food is very clear. So, thank you for the understandable and simple recipe. The dish is very tasty.
I love smashed potatoes! But I’ve never added pesto. I love the idea. Pesto is one of my favorites and my husband is a huge potato fan. This sounds perfect!
Great recipe. So good.
Thanks Rhonda, I am so glad that you love my garlic pesto smashed potatoes!
I am also having problems printing the recipes. I’ve tried with and without pictures, and they don’t print out. I’ve printed many of your recipes in the past with no problems. ):
I am not sure, we will look into it.
Why is it so hard to print out your recipes?
I’m signed up through email!
To print the recipe, just hit on the printer button.