I love pesto. When I dine out, I always opt for entrees with pesto, be it appetizers, pasta, pizza, steak or seafood.
I have never tried making it at home, until very recently when I chanced upon the amazing recipe by Minimalist Baker.
If you have never made pesto before, you should try it out.
It’s extremely easy to make and calls for only a few ingredients: fresh basil, pine nuts, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
It’s that simple. Use it on potatoes, pasta, steak or seafood.
It’s absolutely amazing!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 359 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh Italian basil leaves with small stems
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the basil, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese into a food processor. Blend well. Add the olive oil slowly into the food processor. If the pesto is too thick, add a little warm water to loosen it. Transfer the pesto out and add salt and black pepper. Stir to mix well.
- The pesto is now ready for use.
You may keep the pesto in the refrigerator for a few days. Use it on pasta, steak, shrimp, plain toast, potatoes, etc.
Serving Size2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 359Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 11mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 8g