I love pesto. When I dine out, I always opt for entrees with pesto, be it appetizers, pasta, pizza, steak or seafood.
I have never tried making it at home, until very recently when I chanced upon the amazing recipe by Minimalist Baker.
If you have never made pesto before, you should try it out.
It’s extremely easy to make and calls for only a few ingredients: fresh basil, pine nuts, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
It’s that simple. Use it on potatoes, pasta, steak or seafood.
It’s absolutely amazing!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 359 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh Italian basil leaves with small stems
- 3 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the basil, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese into a food processor. Blend well.
- Add the olive oil slowly into the food processor. If the pesto is too thick, add a little warm water to loosen it. Transfer the pesto out and add salt and black pepper. Stir to mix well.
- The pesto is now ready for use.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.