I love pesto. When I dine out, I always opt for entrees with pesto, be it appetizers, pasta, pizza, steak or seafood.
I have never tried making it at home, until very recently when I chanced upon the amazing recipe by Minimalist Baker.
If you have never made pesto before, you should try it out.
It’s extremely easy to make and calls for only a few ingredients: fresh basil, pine nuts, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
It’s that simple. Use it on potatoes, pasta, steak or seafood.
It’s absolutely amazing!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 359 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Garlic Pesto Recipe
Garlic Pesto – BEST homemade pesto loaded with garlic, Parmesan cheese, basil and pine nuts. This garlic pesto recipe is great for potatoes, pasta and more.
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh Italian basil leaves with small stems
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1Add the basil, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese into a food processor. Blend well. Add the olive oil slowly into the food processor. If the pesto is too thick, add a little warm water to loosen it. Transfer the pesto out and add salt and black pepper. Stir to mix well.
- 2The pesto is now ready for use.
You may keep the pesto in the refrigerator for a few days. Use it on pasta, steak, shrimp, plain toast, potatoes, etc.