Time flies and it’s almost pumpkin season. Even though Fall hasn’t started officially but I have started to feel the chills in the air in the morning and at night.
Pumpkins are showing up everywhere at the grocery stores and the neighborhood pumpkin patch.
Other Recipes You Might Like
To celebrate the upcoming season, I made these insanely delicious and utterly addictive Parmesan pumpkin fritters. This is the first time I attempted pumpkin fritters recipe at home, and oh boy, I am glad I did.
These Parmesan pumpkin fritters are off-the-charts yummy, once you have one, you just can’t stop eating!
Every bite of the crispy, hot-off-the-frying-pot pumpkin fritters are mildy sweet, soft, cheesy and absolutely mouthwatering.
The best thing is that they are so easy to make and take about 20 minutes. Serve the pumpkin fritters with some Thai sweet chili sauce and you will want them every day!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 365 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz. /140 g) shredded pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Mix the pumpkin, flour, egg, milk, cheese, baking powder, salt and pepper in a big bowl. Stir to combine well. The mixture should barely bind together and not wet or watery.
- Using a spoon, scoop up the pumpkin mixture and drop it gently into the hot oil. Fry in batches until both sides turn golden brown and the inside is cooked through. Remove from oil with a strainer and transfer the fritters on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve hot with Thai sweet chili sauce.
Use kabocha pumpkin or Japanese pumpkin if you can find it. Kabocha pumpkin is sweeter than regular pumpkin.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 365Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 114mgSodium 603mgCarbohydrates 27.5gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 16g