Halloween is two weeks away, and everywhere you turn, you see some sort of ghouls or pumpkins. I like the latter so today I am making this perfect Fall side dish of honey butter roasted pumpkin that will put your pumpkins into good use.
As simple as it sounds, this recipe is absolutely delicious. Who would have thought pumpkins could taste this good!
As the name suggests, this honey butter roasted pumpkin calls for only 3 ingredients: pumpkins, honey and butter. I love a bit of heat in everything, so I added a little cayenne pepper, which is optional.
The end result is soft, tender, silky, sweet, buttery roasted pumpkin that tastes so good and delicious you want to have it as the main dish.
I prefer the smaller kabocha pumpkin but regular pumpkin works just fine. Just pick out a smaller pumpkin so it’s easier to slice it into wedges. I used a cleaver to slice the pumpkin. Try my recipe this pumpkin season, you will love them!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 138 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- 12 oz. (340 g) small pumpkin or kabocha pumpkin, slice into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Combine the melted butter with honey and cayenne pepper (if using), stir to mix well. In a big bowl, toss the pumpkin with the honey butter, make sure the pumpkin slices are coated well.
- Arrange the pumpkin on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until the flesh is tender and soft. Serve immediately.
If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the honey butter mixture.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 138Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 20mgSodium 68mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 1g