What is Broccolini?
Broccolini is a nice green vegetable, a hybrid between broccoli and Chinese gai lan (Chinese broccoli).
When you have a hybrid, the taste combines the best of both vegetables. Broccolini has smaller florets and much longer and thinner stems. The florets have more of a bite and the stems are crunchy.
I have seen broccolini for a while now but I hadn’t had a chance to buy it from my food stores and farmers market. It’s in season now and I am so glad that I tried it.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Cook Broccolini?
When it comes to cooking broccolini, healthy ingredients help retain its original flavors so every bite is bursting with freshness.
The best way to cook is a simple saute in a skillet with garlic, butter, salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 98 calories per serving. Try this garlic butter sauteed broccolini for your dinner tonight!
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
This meal is best served with a main dish. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Garlic Butter Sauteed Broccolini Recipe
Garlic Butter Sauteed Broccolini - healthy and easy broccolini recipe that takes only 10 mins to make. Quick, fresh, and delicious.
- 1 lb broccolini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 squirt lemon juice
- 1Trim the bottom part of the broccolini stems, about 1/2 inch.
- 2Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the butter. Saute the garlic until they turn light brown before adding the broccolini. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
- 3Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Add a few squirts of lemon juice. Once the stems of the broccolini become tender, remove from heat and serve immediately.