Other Recipes You Might Like
As you can tell from the pictures, this golden-hued and perfectly baked Parmesan bacon pumpkin mashed potatoes is a great side dish for any occasions. It’s rich, cheesy and sweet, and goes well with any main dishes.
In fact, it was so good I didn’t mind to have it as a main entree!
I adapted this pumpkin mashed potatoes recipe from Steamy Kitchen. Since my son loves cheese and bacon, I topped the mashed potatoes with some Parmesan cheese and baked it.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 353 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 slice bacon, cut into small pieces
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil, turn to heat to medium-low and cook potatoes for 20 minutes or until they are completely cooked. Drain the water.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Mash the potatoes and stir in the remaining ingredients to the mashed potatoes until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a baking dish and top it with the Parmesan cheese. Bake the mashed potatoes until the surface turn golden brown, for about 15 minutes. Pan-fry the bacon bits until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top the top with the bacon bits. Serve warm.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 353Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 24mgSodium 266mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 10gSugar 11gProtein 12g