Happy Sunday! Today I made these super amazing basil butter corn topped with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.
Trust me, corns have never tasted this good and in one go, I ate three of them, saving one only for my son.
I know, they are really that delicious. The recipe is inspired by a similar recipe I read on Food Network magazine.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Basil butter is a great compound butter. Basically, you blend the melted butter with a bunch of fresh basil leaves, add a little bit of honey, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and that’s all.
Once you are done, slather a dollop or two of the butter onto the corn and roast the corn in the oven.
Twenty minutes later, shave some Parmesan cheese on top of the corn and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melted and browned. Absolutely finger-lickin’ good, all done in 30 minutes.
I know that summer is fleeting and soon it will be fall, so soak in the last few weeks of sun rays while you can and make these corns on your outdoor grill if you want.
Either way, you can’t beat this easy peasy recipe that calls for only a few ingredients. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 197 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ears corn
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Blend the butter, basil, garlic, honey and cayenne pepper in a food processor.
- Place the corns on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Brush the butter generously on the corns and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the shaved Parmesan cheese on top of the corn and bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese melted and slightly browned. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
You may grill the corns on a grill. Top the Parmesan cheese on top of the corn and cover the grill. Let the cheese melts before serving.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 3mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 3gSugar 15gProtein 8g