This week is Spring Break for my son’s school. What does it mean to me? It means that I have to cook at least 15 times from Monday to Friday: breakfast, lunch, and dinner and that’s not counting the afternoon snacks.
While my 4-year son enjoys eating out at his favorite restaurants now, he actually prefers his mama to cook for him. If I ask him what he wants to eat, he would say “I wanted to eat your food, your food is yummy!”
I don’t mind cooking for him, as long as he enjoys the food and finishes what’s on his plate.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This garlic-herb butter corn is one of the dishes I made for him as an afternoon snack. He loves corn and I would always boil them and he would be happy. I decided to try something fancy.
I used garlic, butter, herb, honey and corn, and then lightly “roasted” the corn on a cast-iron grill pan. You can roast the corn in the oven but I cheated on the stove top.
The recipe takes a sweet 15 minutes to make, and it looks (and tastes) like they came off the grill, with some light charred marks. To kick it up a notch, I drizzled some paprika on top of the corn before serving, AMAZING!
For the garlic-herb butter, I have made them into frozen compound butter that I can easily use on many dishes. You can click here to learn how to make garlic-herb butter from scratch.
All you need is 3 tablespoons of it, slather and brush generously on the corn. Garlic herb butter has become my absolute favorite.
Anyway, this garlic-herb butter roasted corn recipe is a keeper, I will be sure to make it again and again!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 178 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 3 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ears corn (cut into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces)
- Paprika (optional)
- Prepare the garlic-herb butter mixture by combining the butter, parsley, garlic and honey. Stir to combine well.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the corn, about 5 minutes. Drained. Brush the butter mixture generously on each corn, then finish off by "roasting" them on a cast-iron grill pan on high heat, for about 5 minutes, or until the surface is slightly charred.
- You can also roast it in the oven at 400°F (207°F) for about 10-15 minutes or until the surface turns slightly charred.
- Drizzle some paprika on the corn, if using, and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.