Are you excited that spring starts officially today?
I am. Because spring is such a beautiful season. Spring reminds of beautiful colors of yellow, green, orange, red, just like the beautiful colors of this AMAZING garlic herb sauteed zucchini and squash dish.
Now, it’s not only inviting and such a delight to look at, it tastes absolutely delicious and fresh. That’s part of the reasons I love spring, the season of farm-to-table produce, spring break, when the sun starts to come out and play, and when you can splurge on an entirely new wardrobe just because it’s spring!
Other Recipes You Might Like
I know that for most of the country, zucchini is a summer produce, but Californians are spoiled. We get zucchinis all year long and I am not going to wait for summer to savor this amazing squash.
Pairing the green zucchini, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes, I have this scrumptious dish.
This recipe is so easy and makes a perfect side dish. There is no oven roasting, just a simple saute on a skillet, and the dish is done in practically 10 minutes.
Easy peasy, no pre-heating of oven, no messy cleanup and completely hassle free.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 73 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (about 8 oz./226 g) zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 (about 8 oz./226 g) yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 4 oz. (115 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pinch salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian flat leaft parsley leaves
- 1 squirt lemon juice, optional
- Heat up a skillet on low to medium heat. Add the melted butter and saute the garlic until slighly browned. Add the zucchini, squash, cherry tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Lightly toss and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the parsley and squirts of lemon juice (if using). You don't want to overcook the squash as you want to retain the crunch. Stir to combine well, dish out and serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 73Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 15mgSodium 58mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 1g