Asian Zucchini and Shrimp Stir-fry
Zucchini and shrimp stir-fry is one of my favorite zucchini recipe. The reason is simple: it’s so easy to make, takes just about 15 minutes, and the end result is just so tasty and refreshing. Plus, it’s so light and healthy. It provides low carb and high protein.
Zucchini is a perennial favorite late summer veggie for savory and sweet recipes.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Best Sauce for Zucchini and Shrimp Stir-fry
The Asian sauce, or in this case, the Chinese brown sauce from Chinese restaurants is completely no-fuss to make. You only need a few ingredients.
The next time you go to supermarkets, pick up a bottle of oyster sauce and sesame oil, and you are on your way to cook dishes that are better, less greasy, and much more delicious than your local Asian or Chinese takeout restaurants.
Many people love stir-fry, but they are mostly intimidated by the idea of it. Actually, stir-frying is one of the easiest cooking techniques to learn.
You don’t need an Asian/Chinese wok, as a saute pan or skillet works just fine for stir-fry.
The key to stir-frying is flash cooking the ingredients. This means to just flip, toss, and turn the ingredients in the pan, add in the sauce, and you are pretty much done.
This Zucchini and Shrimp Stir-Fry recipe is also versatile as you can throw in some mushrooms and carrots. Whichever way you go, you are sure to LOVE this wonderful dish. Enjoy!
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 8 oz. (226 g) shelled and deveined shrimp or chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 zucchini, about 8 oz. (226 g) cut into rounds and then quarters
- 3-4 button mushrooms, cut into pieces
- 3-4 baby carrots, sliced
- 5-6 slices peeled ginger
- Mix all the ingredients in the Brown Sauce, stir well and set aside.
- Heat up your pan/skillet/wok and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add the ginger and stir-fry until aromatic, follow by the shrimp. Stir-fry the shrimp until the surface turns opaque, then add in the zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Toss and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the Brown Sauce (stir right before using), stir to combine well with the ingredients. Once the sauce thickens, dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.
If you don't have Sesame Oil, it's OK to skip. Oyster Sauce is a must when it comes to Chinese or Asian stir-fry.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 95mgSodium 620mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 11g