Sauteed Yellow Squash
Yellow squash is delicious with a natural tint of sweetness, so a simple saute with garlic and butter is all you need.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I love squash, be it zucchini or yellow squash. During this time of year, they are starting to pop up in the market.
There is no better time to make this simple and easy sauteed yellow squash as they are healthy, plus the beautiful yellow color adds vibrancy to your daily meal.
This recipe is an easy side dish you can make for weeknight dinner. They go well with just about anything: pasta, chicken, steak, or seafood.
The prep is completely hassle free and quick. Basically, you just cut them into rounds and then slice into halves. Sauteing is a breeze as you need only garlic, butter and olive oil.
The seasonings are salt, black pepper and fresh lemon juice.
Yellow squash cooks fast so timing is very important. Do not overcook as they will turn too soft, mushy and watery.
A perfectly sauteed yellow squash should retain crispness and a bite, so a quick minute or two in the saute pan is the expected cooking time. Enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 105 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Easy Sauteed Yellow Squash Recipe
Sauteed Yellow Squash - easy sauteed yellow squash with garlic, butter and lemon. This easy recipe is fresh, delicious and takes only 10 minutes from prep to dinner table.
- 1 lb yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1Trip off both ends of the yellow squash. Cut into rounds and then sliced into halves. Set aside.
- 2Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Saute the garlic for about 1 minute, then add the yellow squash. Saute the yellow squash and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until they are cooked but still remain somewhat crisp. Add the lemon juice and chopped parsley, stir to combine well with the yellow squash. Dish out and serve immediately.