He used to ask for butter sauteed potato and mushroom, but not anymore. He loves those baby or new potatoes that are sliced horizontally, as he could peel each slice off, play with them before eating.
And I am happy to make them whenever he asked for it, experimenting with different variations every time.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes – the easiest and BEST roasted potatoes with Parmesan cheese, butter and herbs. SO good you’ll want to make it every day!! | rasamalaysia.com
One of the variations I tried was cutting down on the thyme since little G doesn’t quite like the taste and aroma of thyme. All kids love cheese so I topped the potatoes with Parmesan cheese.
The end result is this AMAZING roasted potatoes that takes practically 10 minutes active prep time in the kitchen. The roasting takes about 1 hour to get to the desired tenderness, but in that one hour, you can just sit in front of TV or do your chores when the oven does it magic.
Best of all, there is only one roasting pan to clean!
For the potatoes, new potatoes or baby potatoes are best for this Parmesan roasted potatoes. These smaller potatoes have thinner skin and when you roast them in the oven, the skin becomes crisp and really great to the bite.
There are usually two kinds of baby potatoes in the market—golden skin and red skin. I prefer the former, they seem to taste better in my opinion, plus after roasting, they turn golden brown in color!!
Try this parmesan roasted potatoes recipe, it’s a great side to serve for the entire family. It’s so good that even the pickiest eater would love them!!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 460 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 1/2 pounds baby or new potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 heads garlic (top trimmed)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon (cut into wedges)
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Cut slits on the potatoes, do not cut through. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan and brush with the olive oil and melted butter. Add the garlic, parsley, lemon and thyme in the pan, in between the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Roast the potato for 1 hour, basting the oil mixture at 30 minute interval. After 1 hour, add the Parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes, sprinkle evenly on top. Turn off the heat of the oven, and leave the potatoes in the oven for about 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.