We are currently on spring break and traveling in Italy. We started our trip in London, Barcelona, but Italy is the main highlight of our trip. Italy has been amazing and a dream come true.
I had traveled to Italy on business trips before, but this is my first personal trip when I can actually soak in everything that Italy has to offer.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Needless to stay, we have been eating (and drinking) so well. All sorts of pasta, pizzas, paninis, coffee, gelato, and the array of desserts. I am learning and experimenting something new every day, as I eat through different parts of Italy.
Italy is really a food lover’s paradise, and we are enjoying every moment of it. Here is my easy shrimp and pasta spaghetti, a little piece of Italy from my kitchen to yours.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 315 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 6 oz spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, ficely minced
- 8 oz tail-on, shelled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons white wine, (optional)
- 1/3 cup pasta water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- lemon wedges
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package instruction until al dente. Drain and save 1/3 cup of the pasta water. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet with the unsalted butter and olive oil. Saute the garlic and add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp until the surface turns opaque, add spaghetti, pasta water, white wine, salt, spinach, stir to combine well.
- Turn off heat, stir in the parsley and serve the pasta immediately with some lemon wedges.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 315Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 315mgSodium 1496mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 35g