How to Cook Garlic Bread Without an Oven?
Can you make garlic bread without using an oven? The answer is yes. Garlic bread on skillet is an easy and delicious way to make garlic bread so for those without an oven at home, this is the garlic bread recipe you have to try!
I recommend using a cast-iron skillet because it retains heat very well and the heat is also spreads evenly. This will make sure that the garlic bread is evenly toasted on the skillet. The end result is absolutely delicious and rivals the ones served at restaurants.
Garlic Bread Spread
The spread is the soul and calls for four simple ingredients: salted butter, garlic, grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
The ratio of each ingredient is very important because it should be buttery, garlicky, cheesy and tastes a bit salty. Adding herb such as Italian parsley adds color as well as earthy aroma to the spread.
Tips on How to Make Garlic Bread on Skillet?
- Buy a loaf of French bread with a soft crust for the best result. You can also use regular bread for this skillet garlic bread recipe.
- Use real garlic. Stay away from garlic powder and use real garlic as the aroma of fresh garlic will infuse the bread with its garlicky flavor.
- Finely mince the garlic, the finer the better. You don’t want to have chunky garlic on your garlic bread.
- Grated Parmesan cheese in a bottle is the secret ingredient. This is what restaurants use.
- Cast-iron skillet garlic bread is the best, so use a cast iron skillet if you can.
Can you Freeze Leftover Garlic Bread?
Trust me, you won’t have any leftovers, but just in case you do, you can wrap them up with aluminum foil and keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat them up in a toaster oven or microwave and they are almost like freshly made.
What Goes Good with Garlic Bread?
Garlic bread and spaghetti go hand-in-hand but other than spaghetti, it also goes well with salad,soups and main dishes. They are especially good for a main entree with creamy sauce, as you can use the bread to sop up the sauce. Here are my top three recommendations for a wholesome dinner.
Complete Meal Plan
How Many Calories are in Garlic Bread?
This is an easy garlic bread that you can whip up in 15 minutes. The calories are 145 calories for 2-3 pieces of the bread. Try my recipe, I am sure you will be blown away by just how delicious these skillet garlic bread are.