Can you make garlic bread without an oven? The answer is yes. This is an easy and delicious way to make quick garlic bread. For those without an oven at home, this is the garlic bread recipe you have to try!
I recommend using a cast-iron skillet because it retains heat very well and the heat spreads evenly.
This will make sure that the bread is evenly toasted on the skillet. The end result is absolutely delicious and rivals the ones served at restaurants.
How to Make Garlic Bread?
- Buy a loaf of French bread with a soft crust for the best result. You can also use regular bread for this recipe.
- Use real garlic. Stay away from garlic powder and use real garlic as the aroma of fresh garlic will infuse the bread with its garlicky flavor.
- Finely mince the garlic, the finer the better. You don’t want chunky garlic.
- Grated Parmesan cheese in a bottle is the secret ingredient. This is what restaurants use.
- Use a cast iron skillet to cook the garlicky bread.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Garlic Bread Spread
The spread is the soul and calls for four simple ingredients: salted butter, garlic, grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
The ratio of each ingredient is very important because it should be buttery, garlicky, cheesy and tastes a bit salty. Adding herb such as Italian parsley adds color as well as earthy aroma to the spread.
Can you Freeze the Leftovers?
You probably won’t have any leftovers. In case you do, you can wrap them up with aluminum foil and keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat them up in a toaster oven or microwave and they are almost like freshly made.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This garlic bread recipe is only 145 calories for 2-3 pieces of the bread or per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
This recipe is best served as an appetizer. It also goes good with salad, soups and main dishes. They are especially good with creamy sauce as you can use the bread to sop up the sauce. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Skillet Garlic Bread Recipe
Easy and quick garlic bread made on a cast-iron skillet. This skillet garlic bread is buttery, garlicky and cheesy. The recipe takes 15 mins to make and great with spaghetti, meatballs and more!
- 8 -10 pieces sliced French bread
Garlic Bread Spread
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons bottled grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 pinch salt
Slice the French bread into pieces. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for Garlic Butter Spread together.
Brush the Garlic Bread Spread on the French bread, until the spread is used up, about 8 - 10 pieces, depending on the size of the French bread.
Heat up a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Toast the garlic bread on the skillet, with the spread side down. Toast for about 2 minutes, using a pair of tong to check. Make sure the garlic bread is toasted to golden brown. Serve immediately.