CHICKEN MARSALA RECIPE
Chicken Marsala is a popular Italian chicken recipe that you can make at home in a jiffy. It is flavorful, tasty and creamy with homemade marsala sauce, which goes extremely well with rice or pasta.
Cooking the marsala sauce is very easy. All you have to do is combining the marsala wine, chicken broth and heavy cream in a pan and simmer it down to a creamy consistency.
Add pan-fried chicken and sauteed mushrooms into the sauce and dinner is ready to serve!
Other Recipes You Might Like
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN MARSALA
- All-purpose flour
- Ground black pepper
- Skinless and boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- Olive oil
- Cremini mushrooms
- Marsala wine
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Fresh parsley
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MARSALA?
To make this easy chicken marsala recipe, first, coat the chicken thighs and pan-fry with butter and olive oil in a skillet (or a nonstick frying pan). Then, remove the chicken thighs from the skillet and set them aside.
To make the Marsala sauce, sauté the sliced mushrooms and garlic in the same pan with some melted butter. Sauté until aromatic.
Next, add the marsala wine, chicken broth and heavy cream to the skillet. Add salt to taste. Reduce the heat to medium-low and bring the sauce to a simmer.
Add the chicken thighs back to the skillet, keep simmering them for another 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Spoon the sauce over the chicken to keep the chicken moist and flavorful.
Dish out and serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top.
To make the ultimate and best chicken marsala, please follow the cooking tips below:
- For perfect and golden brown chicken thighs, pan fry them on a skillet or pan on medium-high heat with butter and olive oil.
- Use the same pan to cook the Marsala sauce after pan-frying; this will add tons of flavors to the dish.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHICH MARSALA WINE TO USE?
For easy homemade chicken marsala, use a stronger marsala wine for intense flavors. I recommend a dry marsala wine, which is a better choice compared to a sweet one.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN MARSALA?
Chicken Marsala goes well with rice, pasta or steamed vegetables. It also goes well with a green salads or mashed potatoes.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This recipe is 509 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with rice or pasta For a wholesome Italian meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (preferred) or chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Add the all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper to a shallow plate, mix well. Coat the chicken thighs with the flour mixture evenly.
- Heat the skillet with one tablespoon butter and olive oil on medium-high heat. Pan-fry the chicken thighs for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Dish out and set them aside.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same skillet, and sauté the mushrooms and garlic until aromatic.
- Continue to add the Marsala wine, chicken broth and heavy cream. Add salt to taste. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the sauce for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs back to the skillet, and keep simmering for another 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Spoon the sauce over the chicken to keep the chicken moist and flavorful.
- Dish out and serve immediately with chopped parsley.
Recipe source: Delish, Lindsay Funston
Serving Size4 People
Amount Per Serving Calories 509Total Fat 23.5gSaturated Fat 9.9gCholesterol 130mgSodium 869mgCarbohydrates 28.3gFiber 1.6gSugar 1.5gProtein 37.2g