Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
I love sun dried tomatoes; I just love the flavors, aroma and nuance they impart to the dish.
Today, I am going to teach you how to make easy sun dried tomato pasta with spaghetti.
For the protein, you may add chicken. My personal favorite is shrimp.
You can also add cream to the pasta sauce to make it creamy.
Other Pasta Recipes You Might Like
This is an easy recipe that calls for the most basic ingredients.
- Store-bought sun dried tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
How to Cook Sun Dried Tomato Pasta?
To make this pasta, first, cook the spaghetti per the package instructions.
Next, heat up a skillet and sauté the minced garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
Add the spaghetti and chicken broth into the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Before serving, just shave some Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!
For the best results, please follow the cooking tips below:
- Cook the pasta in salted water and make sure they are cooked al dente (with a bite in the middle of each strand of pasta).
- Choose high-quality store bought sun dried tomatoes.
- Use a tablespoon spoon of the oil in the sun dried tomatoes. The oil infuses the pasta with aromas.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Protein Can I Add to Sun Dried Tomato Pasta?
Chicken is a top choice and you can make Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta.
You may add some juicy boneless chicken breasts and serve the chicken on top of the spaghetti.
Shrimp also adds great flavors to the pasta. You may add grilled shrimp on top of the pasta or cook the shrimp with the pasta.
Can I Add Cream to the Pasta?
Yes, you can add whipping cream to the sauce if you prefer a richer and creamier version of this pasta.
Can I Add Vegetables to the Pasta?
Yes! Spinach is always a good choice and will make the pasta better and healthier.
How to Turn This Recipe into Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Salad?
You can turn this dish into a salad by using a different pasta, for examples: Fusili, Penne or Farfalle.
Chill the pasta in the refrigerator before serving it as a salad dish!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is 381 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this dish as is or with other side dishes. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (preferred) or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomato oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Chives or chopped Italian Parsley, for garnishing, optional
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water and according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet and add the olive oil and sun dried tomato oil. Saute the garlic until aromatic, then add the sun dried tomatoes. Stir a few times before adding the spaghetti.
- Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Dish out, garnish with chopped chives or Italian parsley. Shave some Parmesan cheese on top of the pasta before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 381Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 44mgSodium 1363mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 17g