Garlic bread is a great for weeknight dinner, especially when you make pasta recipes such as one pan pasta, easy spaghetti, seafood pasta, shrimp pasta or spaghetti carbonara.
While you can buy it ready-made from grocery stores, it’s so much better when the bread is homemade from scratch.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Garlic Bread Recipe
This is an easy recipe from scratch, by Ina Garten at Food Network.
The recipe has amazing reviews because it is the best and absolutely delicious.
Every slice of the French baguette bread is crusty, buttery and infused with the garlicky aroma.
Garlic Bread Spread Ingredients
The spread is the soul of the recipe. It calls for simple ingredients below:
- Fresh garlic
- Chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
For the best results, DO NOT use garlic powder.
How to Make Homemade Garlic Bread?
You can use regular bread, French bread or French baguette to make this recipe.
The recipe is quick, easy and takes 10 minutes to prep the garlic bread spread.
Next, spread the mixture on the baguette, wrap with aluminum foil and bake it in the oven.
To serve, slice the bread with a sharp bread knife and enjoy immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Freeze Garlic Bread?
Yes, you can freeze them in the refrigerator.
Before serving, reheat the bread in a toaster oven until they become warm.
You can also reheat the bread in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 5-10 minutes or until the inside of the bread becomes warm again.
Can I Use Regular Bread?
Yes, you sure can. If you use regular bread, you don’t have to bake them in the oven.
You can make the bread on stove top with a skillet. Please follow my recipe.
Can I Add Cheese to the Spread?
Yes, absolutely. Cheese will make the spread tastier and packed with flavors.
I recommend adding 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese or Pecorino Romano cheese to the spread.
Can I Add Mayo to the Bread?
No. I don’t recommend mayonnaise in this recipe. The spread recipe is tasty and do not need any mayo added to it.
How Many Calories per Serving?
One serving of this bread is 422 calories.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served with a main dish. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 loAF country-style French bread or French baguette
Garlic Bread Spread
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- To make garlic bread spread, process the garlic in a food processor until fine. Add the parsley, salt and pepper and pulse twice.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a medium saute pan. Remove the pan from the heat and add the olive oil and butter mixture to the spread.
- Slice the bread in half horizontally, and spread Garlic Bread Spread on the bread and put the halves together. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
- Place the bread in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Open the foil, and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Love garlic bread. Looks like stores.
Thanks for sharing this Garlic Bread recipe…looking forward to fixing it!! I was wondering if there is supposed to be cheese as an ingredient? In your description, I notice that you say it’s cheesy, so I was just curious :)
Hi Elizabeth, it’s supposed to be buttery and not cheesy. My bad. ;)