What makes homemade garlic bread the best?
While the convenience of using store-bought, garlic bread is great on busy nights, it always tastes better when it’s made at home from scratch.
Plus, the fresh garlic smell is amazing, and you’ll have the satisfaction and fulfillment of slicing fresh-from-the-oven, homemade garlic bread.
Without a recipe of my own to use, I turned to Food Network and found a recipe from Ina Garten with a ton of great reviews.
Other Bread Recipes You Might Like
How to make homemade garlic bread
This homemade garlic bread recipe is so easy to make because I use a French baguette from a local bakery. If you want to use homemade French bread, you definitely can. That way, you will have the BEST garlic bread loaf, made entirely from scratch!
Once you have a French baguette ready to use, it only take about 10 minutes to prep the bread and another 10 to bake it in the oven.
This recipe works best with any type of bread that has a crunchy crust. You can make homemade garlic bread with regular bread but honestly, it won’t give you the same result.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Freeze Garlic Bread?
You sure can. Before serving, reheat the bread in a toaster oven until they become warm. You can also reheat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 5-10 minutes or until the inside of the bread becomes warm again.
How Many Calories Does Garlic Bread Have Per Serving?
One serving (two slices) of this bread has 311 calories.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
This dish is best served with a main dish. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe
Homemade garlic bread is better than anything from a store! This recipe uses simple ingredients and takes about 20 minutes to make. The best and easiest side dish!
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf country-style French bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Process the garlic in a food processor until fine. Add the parsley, salt and pepper and pulse twice.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan and add the garlic mixture. Remove the pan from the heat.
- 4Slice the bread in half horizontally, and spread butter and the olive oil garlic mixture on the bread and put the halves together. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
- 5Place the bread in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Open the foil, and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.