I am so glad that Thanksgiving is over because I am so ready to eat something different, for example these addictive Texas Toast Garlic Bread Pizza.
I already think of the best times to have these for a bite: Gameday, Netflix, pay-per-view, Red Box, Korean drama times and the list goes on.
Whatever the occasion is, you can make a bunch of these in practically 20 minutes and you will have a full tray of Texas toast/garlic bread/pizza to feast on. I love the buttery, garlicky taste, and also the pizza sauce plus the cheesy mozarella cheese, topped with mini pepperoni. Yum!
I strongly urge you to make the garlic Texas Toast from scratch, but if you want to cheat, you can buy frozen Texas toast or garlic bread, and just spread the pizza sauce, add cheese and pepperoni. I am not against taking shortcuts in the kitchen. Enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 207 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 french loaf, sliced into 1-inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pureed (preferred)
- 4 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup store-bought pizza sauce
- 8 oz. (226 g) shredded Mozarella cheese
- 40 pieces mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C). Arrange the bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the garlic, butter and parsley in a small bowl. Mix well. Brush the butter mixture generously on the bread. Next add a little bit of pizza sauce, Mozarella cheese and top with 3-4 mini pepperoni. Repeat the same until all bread are done.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Serving Size12 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 207Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 28mgSodium 461mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 9g