Mini Quiche – the BEST & easiest quiche you’ll ever make, in mini size. So creamy, rich, delicious with this fool-proof mini quiche recipe!!!
Mini Quiche – the BEST & easiest quiche you’ll ever make, in mini size. So creamy, rich, delicious with this fool-proof mini quiche recipe!!
Quiche is French pastry crust filled with savory egg custard made with cheese, eggs, ham, meat or vegetables.
My co-worker introduced me to quiche many years ago and I have been hooked on quiche since.
Quiche is something that I can eat on a daily basis, with some salad, and preferably with a serving of French onion soup.
I simply adore the crumbly texture of the pastry crust and the rich, creamy, and utterly delicious filling.
If you eat out or buy from French bakeries, quiche can be quite big.
That’s why I love mini quiches—miniature quiche filled with the same ingredients albeit a much smaller size.
The smaller package makes mini quiches a perfect party food that everyone can just pick up and savor as a finger food, anytime of the year!
Another bonus of being small, even the picky toddlers and eaters at your home can enjoy it.
It’s packed with lots of high-energy ingredients, but more importantly, they are absolutely appetizing and I am sure that the kids will enjoy it as much as an adults.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 36 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2-3 slices deli ham, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped (save 1 teaspoon for garnish)
- 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 extra large eggs or 2 regular-sized eggs
- 3/8 cup 90g milk
- vegetable oil for greasing
- 11-12 oz ready rolled short/pie pastry, thawed (follow the instruction on the package)
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/3 cup grated cheese, cheddar/mozzarella
- Mix together the diced ham, chopped scallions and diced cherry tomatoes in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the egg and milk with a fork. Chill these ingredients as you prepare the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (210°C). Grease a 12-tin mini muffin pan.
- Sprinkle a little all purpose flour on surface, roll out the pastry. If the pastry cracks when rolling out, use your fingers and slightly pinch to seal the crack.
- Use a 3" (7.5cm) round cutter. Cut out 12 circles and place each in a cup of the pan. Gently press down with your finger to form a shallow cup.
- Divide the mixture of ham, scallions and tomatoes equally among the 12 cups. Fill each cup with the egg and milk mixture until 80-90% full. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the mini quiches are set and golden. Garnish with some chopped scallions. Serve warm.
If you don't have a 3" cookie cutter, use the rim of a drinking glass or container that is slightly wider than the cup in the pan.
Serving Size12 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 36Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 21mgSodium 85mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g