Dutch Baby Pancake
Dutch baby pancake, or German pancake, can be made sweet or savory. While the sweet Dutch Baby (check out my recipe!) is more popular, the savory version such as this Savory Dutch Baby recipe is equally tantalizing!
It’s perfect as brunch, with prosciutto, a sunny-side-up egg and fresh avocados.
I am totally addicted to dutch baby since I made it a few weeks ago. After a few treats of the sweet dutch baby, I wanted to try it with savory ingredients.
I found a few recipes from Bon Appetit and decided to try one of them.
This is just the perfect brunch recipe for a lazy weekend. It’s especially delightful on a spring day, where you can sit out in the patio, soaking in the nice sun and enjoy your favorite cup of coffee.
The trio combination of egg, prosciutto and avocado is brilliant.
Slice the Savory Dutch Baby into a few big slices. The interplay of the runny egg yolk with creamy avocado, plus the goodness of prosciutto guarantees that each bite is utterly satisfying.
I served the dutch baby with some Sriracha, and it instantly jazzed up the flavor with a kick. Make this Savory Dutch Baby a staple in your family, or make it for Mother’s Day weekend. Enjoy!
Serve Savory Dutch Baby with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 382 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 oz. (56 g) prosciutto
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C).
- In a blender, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt, black pepper and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and blend until smooth with no lumps, 20 seconds.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter over high heat until foamy. Add the batter and immediately put the skillet in the oven. Bake until the pancake is deep golden brown in color and puffed up on the edges, about 18 minutes.
- Cook the egg with sunny side up, make sure the yolk is still runny. Cut the avocado into wedges. Cover with a a plastic wrap to prevent browning.
- Remove the Dutch Baby pancake from the oven, add the egg, prosciutto and avocado in the center of the pancake. Slice into pieces and serve immediately with Sriracha.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 382Total Fat 26.3gSaturated Fat 8.8gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 345mgSodium 969mgCarbohydrates 17.2gFiber 4.3gSugar 5.4gProtein 21.3g