Creamy Skillet Eggs with Parmesan Cheese
These Parmesan Eggs will make waking up in the morning a lot easier and tastier.
In fact, they will completely redefine breakfast omelets or eggs, and give you a new taste profile of what breakfast for champions should be!
Imagine barely cooked egg whites with runny egg yolks, intermingling with heavy cream and Parmesan cheese mixture, with bubbly melted butter.
Yes, these creamy Parmesan eggs are absolutely scrumptious and you should be making them tomorrow morning, pronto.
Other Breakfast Recipes You Might Like:
Ingredients for Parmesan Eggs
This Parmesan eggs recipe takes only 10 minutes in the skillet, and calls for only a few basic ingredients that you already have in the fridge:
- Parmesan cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Herb such as parsley or thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper
Who would think these simple ingredients could make such delicious magic in a skillet?
Thanks to Chrissy Teigan’s Cravings cookbook. These eggs are simply epic and marvelous!!
How to Cook Eggs in Skillet?
For this recipe, timing is everything as you want to cook the egg whites until they are set while the egg yolks are still runny.
However, you want to keep the Parmesan cheese golden brown and not burned.
The secret is to cover the skillet with its lid, so the hot steam would help set the egg whites in a few short minutes, and the Parmesan cheese won’t get burn.
Remember to turn off the heat as the egg whites are almost set, as the remaining heat in the skillet will continue to cook the egg whites even when the heat source is turned off.
Try my recipes and I will guarantee you that you actually do look forward to waking up in the morning.
Say goodbye to the SNOOZE button and say hello to these new eggs in your life!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 446 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, more for garnishing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Parmesan cheese, cream, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Using a six-inch skillet, heat one tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add half of the the cream mixture to the skillet and cook until the mixture is bubbling all the way through, about 1 minute. Crack two eggs into the skillet and cook until the egg whites are set but yolks are runny, about two minutes. Cover the skillet with its lid to help cook the egg whites faster, and before the Parmesan cheese is burnt or turn dark brown.
- Season the eggs with a wee bit of salt, ground black pepper and garnish with some chopped parsley. Repeat the step above and cook the remaining. Serve the eggs with a hot sauce, if you like.
You can cook all four eggs in a regular-sized skillet. If you have a non-stick skillet, use it to prevent the Parmesan cheese from being burnt and stick to the bottom of the skillet.
Recipe Source: Cravings, Chrissy Tiegen
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 446Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 32gCholesterol 482mgSodium 1204mgCarbohydrates 4gSugar 0gProtein 31g