Lobster Pasta Recipe
Sometimes, the lobsters are not even fresh!
This week, my neighborhood store has a live lobster sale for only $9.95/lb so I picked up one 1 1/2 lbs lobster and made this restaurant worthy lobster pasta at home.
The total meal costs less than $20 and feeds two people. It’s delicious and so much cheaper than restaurants.
How to Make Lobster Pasta?
I fell in love this pasta many years ago when I was traveling in Cape Cod.
I remember vividly that pasta. The spaghetti was perfectly cooked and topped with lobster tail, in a buttery lobster pasta sauce with garlic and lemon.
This recipe is made with an Asian flair. First I cooked the lobster and extracted the meat from the tails and claws.
For the seasonings of the butter sauce, I added Japanese sake (rice wine) and mirin (sweet rice wine) to the recipe.
The end result is absolutely mouthwatering, extremely flavorful and simply scrumptious.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make It Creamy?
Yes, you sure can.
Just add a little bit of whipping cream to the sauce to make it creamy.
Can I Use Frozen Lobster?
Yes, you can. Make sure you thaw the frozen lobster before cooking.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 617 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish as is or with other side dishes. For a restaurant-quality meal at home, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lbs. live lobster or 6 oz. lobster meat
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Japanese cooking sake or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon mirin, sweet rice wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 small tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Shaved parmesan cheese, optional
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the lobster, for about 10 minutes. Drain and extract the meat from the claws and tail. Cut the lobster tail meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the spaghetti per the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- On medium heat, heat up a skillet with the olive oil and butter. Add the garlic and saute, then add the lobster meat, follow by salt and black pepper. Add the spaghetti into the skillet, stir to combine well with the lobster.
- Add the chicken broth, sake and mirin (if using). Toss the spaghetti a few times, until the sauce slightly thickens. Add the tomatoes, parsley and lemon juice, stir to mix well with the spaghetti. Turn off the heat, transfer the pasta to two serving platters, garnish with lemon wedges and shaved Parmesan cheese, if using. Squeeze the lemon juice on the pasta before eating.
Amount Per Serving Calories 617Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 109mgSodium 1049mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 30g