Lobster Tail Recipe
I love lobster, it’s one of my favorite seafood. Whenever I go to seafood restaurants, I would always order lobster tails.
Year end is the season to indulge yourself in great seafood; holiday season is about enjoying, having fun, and eating really good food, so let’s add lobster tails to your dinner or entertainment rotation.
Lobster tails are not cheap, but occasionally, you can get pretty decent priced and discounted frozen lobster tails from stores.
I got mine from Costco for $24.00, or an average of $6 per lobster tail, which is pretty affordable. They are definitely much cheaper than eating out at restaurants.
Costco has good quality and fresh lobster tails that taste sweet and briny. This garlic butter lobster tails recipe is the only recipe you will need for all your lobster tails!
Other Lobster Recipes You Might Like
How to Cook Lobster Tail?
Cooking lobster tails at home is easy if you use the Broil function on your oven. It takes only 5-8 minutes to cook them, and the length of time depends on the size of the tail.
For restaurant-worthy recipe, you just need some melted butter, garlic, lemon juice and parsley, and broil in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Many Calories?
This recipe is only 188 recipes.
Is it Healthy?
Yes, lobster is a great source of protein and low in calories. It’s loaded with nutrients such as zinc, iron calcium and vitamin A and B’s. It’s also a low-mercury shellfish, which means that it’s safe to eat, even for pregnant women.
Do You Have to Thaw Frozen Lobster Tails Before Cooking?
Yes. Take them out of the freezer and thaw at room temperature. Discard the water content after thawing and pat dry with paper towels before cooking. If you don’t thaw them, the lobster meat will be rubbery after cooking.
How to Butterfly a Lobster Tail?
To butterfly a lobster tail, you will need a pair of sharp kitchen scissors. Here are the step-by-step:
- Start at the opposite end of the tail, cut a vertical lengthwise slit through the middle of the lobster shell, until you reach the tail. Stop at the tail, do not cut through it.
- At the slit, spread the lobster shell open with both hands. Use your fingers to push the lobster meat out of the shell but in between the shell.
- Tug the shell tightly so it clamps onto the butterlied lobster meat. After cooking, the lobster tail will have a beautiful butterfly shape.
What to Serve with Lobster Tails?
You can make at homemade Surf and Turf just like expensive steak restaurants by pairing it with Garlic Chive Butter Steak, plus a roasted potato recipe such as Rosemary Roasted Potaoes or a side dish such as Garlic Butter Sauteed Asparagus. Here are some other recipes that go well with it.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. shell-on lobster tails (4 lobster tails)
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 stick salted butter, melted (4 tablespoons)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- lemon slices
- Turn on the broiler on your oven.
- Thaw the lobster tails if they are frozen. Using a pair of kitchen scissors, cut through the top part of the lobster shell, towards the tail. Cut again to a one-inch rectangle shape.
- Remove the lobster shell to expose the lobster meat. Arrange the lobsters on a baking sheet or tray. Add a dash of cayenne pepper on the lobster flesh.
- Melt the butter in a microwave, for about 30 seconds. Add the garlic, parsley and lemon juice to the melted butter. Stir to mix well.
- Drizzle and spread the garlic butter mixture on the lobster. Save some for dipping.
- Broil the lobster tails in the oven for about 5-8minutes, or until the lobster meat turns opaque and cooked through. Serve immediately with the remaining garlic butter and lemon slices.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 188Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 174mgSodium 581mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 19g